Going into vocational ministry is something I didn’t want to do for some time. If you asked my parents and friends close to me, they would nod in agreement. Now I believe that being a disciple/follower of Christ has a ministry inherited at one’s new life to glorify God. I’ve been compelled or convinced, one may say, by seeing the need in the next generation’s lives.
I’ve been volunteering with my local church at King’s Cross and with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) since 2019 and have seen growth changes in many of the younger generation. Everything good that has come from changed lives and perspective that’s all God’s doing through the Holy Spirit.
We place a lot of importance on the potential of youth throughout all of human history. If you have a generation or two from your family, you understand deeper your love for the next generation. What I want from anyone I’m pouring into comes from how I was discipled by men and women of God, but the most influential (outside of the Holy Spirit) has been my father. A verse he gave my cousins and me when I was 12 or 13 was:
9 Young people, it’s wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do. 10 So refuse to worry, and keep your body healthy. But remember that youth, with a whole life before you, is meaningless. 1 Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”
The goals are simple:
- Own and ground one’s faith. (Ecclesiastes 11:9-12:1)
- Hone one’s character (Romans 5:3-5)
- Accountability: self and communal (Matthew 12:36)
- Find one’s purpose and mission in Christ (Psalms 37:4-7, 23-24)
A famous saying in my household that was said often was:
God doesn’t have any grandchildren - common phrase
You can’t get to God on the backs of your parent’s faith or your pastor’s faith. One has to have a personal relationship and faith with Christ. Someone usually will help lead and guide you to the narrow path, but one has to make it a reality in their own life. I simply look to charge all those who God has placed in my sphere of influence.
I want you all to be great, simple as that. I don’t put expectations on anyone that I don’t expect of myself. I’m not looking for perfection, but I want your best in every area of life. If your best puts you in a position where people see you as great, so be it. To be great in the Kingdom of Christ, you have to serve.
11 The greatest among you must be a servant. 12 But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
Ways to support
2 Corinthians 8:11-12
11 Now also finish the task, so that just as there was an eager desire, there may also be a completion, according to what you have. 12 For if the eagerness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what a person has, not according to what he does not have.
- I want to have the same mindset Moses had (Exodus 33:15), where I do not want to blessed if the Lord is not with me. I covet the prayers you send that help protect me from both seen and unseen dangers. Thank you in advance.
Donation Page - for more info just contact me for the particulars.
- Monthly Support - most benefical helps with the planning.
- One-Time Gift - super grateful and humbled that people would support in any capcity.
- Go to the contact page and let me know.
- Referrals - If you know someone who wants to support in any capcity, please share the site and my personal info with them.